Public Relations & Education Committee
Type of Committee: SPECIAL STANDING COMMITTEE
Educate the public through communications that positively influence their attitudes, opinions, understanding and acceptance of the program of work of Sturgeon For Tomorrow.
- Ensure the organization has a strong public image.
- Plan and sustain efforts to establish and maintain goodwill and mutual understanding between Sturgeon For Tomorrow and the public.
- Harness community support and promote knowledge of the goals and objectives of Sturgeon For Tomorrow.
- Develop public outreach and education materials concerned with the importance of overall watershed management issues.
- Educate toward the life history and rehabilitation and recovery efforts of lake sturgeon.
- Conducted through the media: newspapers, television, radio, magazines, and internet.
- Make presentations to youth, civic, environmental and sports organizations.
- Conduct tours and field trips during annual spawning.
- Assemble and staff a booth at outdoor shows.
- Develop brochures and printed materials.
- Provide educational materials for display at the Sturgeon hatchery and research center.
- Provide educational materials which stress the importance of overall watershed management issues such as conservation, non-point source pollution, endangered species, etc.
- Develop, create, and install interpretive signage to educate the public on restoration activities.
- Maintain and improve the Sturgeon For Tomorrow website.
- Provide periodic newsletters.
- Provide scholarship(s) to local student(s) entering into fisheries or conservation field of study.
- Home Page
- Black Lake
- Black Lake Watershed
- Contact Us
- Habitat Conservation
- Our History
- Photo Gallery
- Resources for Educators
- SFT Articles
- SFT Scholarships
- Spearing Guidelines
- State Regulations
- Sturgeon Guarding
- Sturgeon Hatchery
- Sturgeon in the Classroom