Sturgeon For Tomorrow
Welcome to the Black Lake, Michigan Chapter of Sturgeon for Tomorrow, website. A non-profit organization dedicated to the future of lake sturgeon.
The purposes of Sturgeon For Tomorrow, Inc. (SFT) are to assist fisheries managers in the rehabilitation of the Lake Sturgeon, to advance education, to further other charitable, educational and scientific objectives, to engage in and facilitate scientific research furtherance of such purposes, and SFT, Inc. shall be empowered to engage in such other and further means necessary and proper to accomplish the foregoing objects and purposes.
News & Events
- Sign Up for Sturgeon Guard 2020
- COVID-19 and Sturgeon Guard Operations Update
- 2020 Black Lake Sturgeon Season Lasts One Day
- Black Lake Sturgeon Shivaree January 31-February 1, 2020
- VIDEO: 2019 Hatchery Tour/Releases and Banquet Summary
- Sturgeon Hatchery Tours and Releases
– Saturday, August 24, 2019
- 21st Annual Banquet - September 14, 2019
- SRCN Outdoors – Guided Sturgeon Viewing & Hatchery Tour (video documentary)
- Detroit Free Press Feature Story about Our Sturgeon Programming
- Sunrise Cable Network Outdoors edition of 2019 Black Lake Sturgeon Season and Shivaree
Report Sturgeon Sightings
SFT honored with Site of the Month Award for April 2012 from the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN). SFT is a Great Lakes Information Network Partner.
More Ways You Can Make A Difference…
You can help raise money for Sturgeon For Tomorrow just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - powered by Yahoo! We are now using GoodSearch.com to search the Internet. Every time we do, money goes to Sturgeon For Tomorrow.
For more ways you can help support our programs, please see our fundraising page.
- Home Page
- Black Lake
- Black Lake Watershed
- Black Lake Sturgeon Management Plan
- Contact Us
- Habitat Conservation
- Our History
- Photo Gallery
- Resources for Educators
- SFT Articles
- SFT Scholarships
- Spearing Guidelines
- State Regulations
- Sturgeon Guarding
- Sturgeon Hatchery
- Sturgeon in the Classroom