Legislative / Judicial Committee
Type of Committee: Special / Ad-Hoc
- To work with the appropriate agencies (Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC)) and legislators to introduce a bill to require an "all species" license for fishing sturgeon.
- To meet and request of local prosecutors and judges to prosecute all poaching cases to the fullest extent of the law
- Follow the progress of any active cases and request to be allowed to make a statement before the judge of the case or make a statement to the pre-sentence investigator.
- To propose legislation to require an "all species" license for fishing sturgeon.
- To see that anyone who poaches sturgeon is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Develop a resolution through MUCC which would support a change in the law to require an "all species" license for fishing sturgeon.
- Closely monitor the progress of any court cases involving sturgeon.
- Communications with Report All Poaching (RAP) hot-line, the Cheboygan County Sheriff's Department, Michigan State Police and Civil Air Patrol during Annual Sturgeon Guarding Program.
- REWARD – Local sport and fishing organizations, MDNR as well as this group will institute a reward fund for person(s) supplying information leading to the arrest and conviction of poachers.
- Home Page
- Black Lake
- Black Lake Watershed
- Black Lake Sturgeon Management Plan
- Contact Us
- Habitat Conservation
- Our History
- Photo Gallery
- Resources for Educators
- SFT Articles
- SFT Scholarships
- Spearing Guidelines
- State Regulations
- Sturgeon Guarding
- Sturgeon Hatchery
- Sturgeon in the Classroom